Stanford's Board of Trustees recently announced that it voted to remain invested in the oil and gas industry.
Hundreds of students, alumni, and faculty responded by pledging to withhold their donations until Stanford divests.
Our campaign won't stop until we win full fossil fuel divestment.
Press Contacts: Zhanpei Feng, firstname.lastname@example.org and Hanna Payne, email@example.com
Check out our video below for a recap of our sit-in in November!
To join the conversation, use #DivestStanford and #SitWithUs
"If we miss this chance to act when the world is most ready, we will have failed to do everything we could."
—Fossil Free Stanford
We ask Stanford University to:
- Immediately freeze any new investment in the top 100 oil and gas companies, ranked by carbon content of their proven fuel reserves, and,
- Divest within five years from direct ownership in those 100 companies and from any commingled funds that include their equities or corporate bonds
Unless those 100 companies publicly commit to:
- Only burning 20% or less of their reserves, which the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has agreed is the maximum before we hit "dangerous anthropogenic interference with our climate system"
- Stop seeking new fossil fuel reserves, given that they already control five times the resources we can afford to burn
- Stop actively lobbying against national legislation and international agreements that would limit GHG emissions
Gold Sponsor: Helium 10
- Helium 10 started as a collection of 10 tools aimed at easing the Amazon Sales Business for people. If you were into Amazon FBA, it would prove to be a valuable service.
- Over time, Helium 10 has grown to be on par with other similar Amazon seller tools, making it one-of-a-kind. It has evolved in the collection of tools, boasting more than 20 tools.
- Now OriellaPR Partnered with Helium 10 and started providing Coupon Codes to Save Flat 50% on all Plans.